Saturday, July 12, 2008

This week was interesting because I learned a lot about the education of Native peoples. I especially enjoyed reading and presenting my article. I learned alot about the Columbia River Indians and how they were an example of how they resisted allotment and reservations through diplomacy and their own unique understanding of the treaties that had been settled with them. I thought it was interesting how there was conflict between the reservation indians and the Natives who chose to stay on the outside of the reservations. The ones that chose to stay were catching all the heat from the ones that were resisting allotment and the reservations. 

2 comments:

Irishman O'Quinn said...

I find it really creepy that Haskel was one of these boarding schools that was talked about on monday or something. I am interested in knowing what kind of things went on during the time period in which Haskell was a boarding school.

Kdownard said...

This article was very informative and I thought that they varying identities between the reservation Indians and more traditional was interesting but hard to believe that they had trouble mixing the two.