Friday, June 20, 2008

Puritans

I was very amazed at the way the Puritans treated the Indians. I had no previous knowledge of this and if I were asked whether I thought some missionaries or people of God were violent to natives I would have surely disagreed. I found it ironic that the Puritans wouldn't participate in kinship activities with their native neighbors. I mean they are trying to convert these people into "civilized" human beings and they are just being so damn stubborn. In fact, they only start participating in these activities when they find that their food supplies are down because they aren't used top the farming agriculture or the climate in North America.
King Phillips War was also another topic of interest this week for me. I was amazed how much destruction the Native peoples did to Engligh colonists. I mean the English were some greedy bastards, constantly expanding from Massachusetts to Rhode Island. I mean the English didn't do to many things correct. The natives responded by killing and burning english settlements and the English respond by killing their own allies in the process. Resulting in incredible destruction to English colonies. However, they were able to outlast the natives .

No comments: